|Lactose Free Clam Chowder|
18 oz diced potatoes
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons diced shallots
1/4 cup flour
4 (3 oz) cans minced clams with juice
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups unflavored soymilk
1/2 cup unflavored soymilk
1/2 cup bottled clam juice
1. Drain the canned potatoes.
2. In a large soup pot on medium low heat margarine, add diced shallots and cook until the shallots are almost clear.
3. Add flour to butter and mix briskly. Allow mixture to thicken.
4. Add 2 cups soy milk a little at a time.
5. Allow soy milk mixture to thicken.
6. Add clams, juice, potatoes, bottled clam juice and 1/2 cup soy milk to the mixture.
7. On medium heat bring chowder to a boil.
8. Turn the temperature to low and allow chowder to simmer for 15 minutes stirring frequently.